Adaptive Equipment / Assistive Technology / Therapy Treatment Program (AAT Program)
The AAT program is open to Maine children with special needs. Funding goes toward adaptive equipment, assistive technology, therapy treatment and/or any other compulsory (or essential) item not cover by insurance or any additional funding resource.
About the Application Process
Robbie Foundation is a volunteer-run organization. Applications are reviewed quarterly the months of January, April, July and October, with fluctuating funds available. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Robbie Foundation reserves the right to fund requests based on priority and necessity.
You will hear from the Robbie Foundation by the end of the month following the quarterly deadline only IF you have been approved! Please do not contact Robbie Foundation as no replies will be generated. If you have not heard from Robbie Foundation within 1 month from the date of submission deadline, feel free to resubmit your request by the next submission deadline.
Quarterly deadlines for application submissions are as follows:
- January 5
- April 5*
- July 5
- October 5
*Please keep in mind any summer activity requests need to be submitted by the April 5th deadline! Serving children in the state of Maine!
How to Apply
An application detailing information about the child in need of assistance and the reason for the need is required. Funding will be given for items and services that help maximize growth and development, as well as create an easier and more enjoyable learning and/or living environment for the child.
Please Note: We are no longer accepting paper applications. Please read carefully before you start the application process.
- Quarterly deadlines for submitting applications are as follows: January 5, April 5, July 5, and October 5.
- Any individual may submit an application on behalf of a recipient. Consent must be given by individual or parent(s)/guardian(s).
- When applying for an item typically funded by insurance or MaineCare, you will be required to submit the denial letter. Otherwise your application will not be considered.
- Before you begin, gather the following: personal information, medical information, 3 letters of recommendation, and insurance or MaineCare denial letter (if applicable). Acceptable formats for documents to be uploaded include: PDF, JPG and Word.
- You will be prompted to save every page as you move along in the application process and will have the option to return to the saved application at a later time. It will be very important that you remember to “save” each page as they are completed before moving to the next page.
- Remember to keep a copy of your username and password as the Robbie Foundation does not have the capability of retrieving that information. Should you lose your password, you will find a “lost your password” link on the login screen.
- If you have not reached the confirmation page that your application was successfully submitted, then your application will not be considered.
- Upon completion, please keep a copy or print-out of the application for your records.
Ready to help Maine’s children?
At Robbie Foundation, 100% of funds go to Maine children with special needs. Funds go toward equipment, technology, and therapy treatment that are not covered by insurance.