PLEASE READ FIRST: Robbie Foundation is a volunteer run organization. Applications are reviewed quarterly the months of January, April, July and October. Incomplete applications will not be considered. We have fluctuating funds available. The Robbie Foundation reserves the right to fund requests based on priority and necessity. You will hear from the Robbie Foundation by the end of the month following the quarterly deadline only IF you have been approved! Please do not contact Robbie Foundation as no replies will be generated. If you have not heard from Robbie Foundation within 1 month from the date of submission deadline, feel free to resubmit your original package by the next submission deadline.
Quarterly deadlines for application submissions are as follows: January 5 2017, April 5 2017, July 5 2017 and October 5 2017.
Please keep in mind any summer activity requests need to be submitted by the April 5 deadline!
Adaptive Equipment / Assistive Technology / Therapy Treatment Program (AAT Program)
This program is open to children with special needs who would benefit from adaptive equipment, assistive technology, therapy treatment and/or any other compulsory (or essential) item not cover by insurance or any additional funding resource. An application detailing information about the child in need of assistance and the reason for the need is required. Funding will be given for items and services that help maximize growth and development, as well as create an easier and more enjoyable learning and/or living environment for the child.
Please Note: We are no longer accepting paper applications. Please read carefully before you start the application process.
- Quarterly deadlines for submitting applications are as follows: January 5 2017, April 5 2017, July 5 2017 and October 5 2017.
- The Robbie Foundation is a volunteer run organization. Applications are reviewed quarterly the months of January, April, July and October. Incomplete applications will not be considered. We have fluctuating funds available. The Robbie Foundation reserves the right to fund requests based on priority and necessity. You will hear from the Robbie Foundation by the end of the month following the quarterly deadline IF you have been approved. Please do not contact the Robbie Foundation as no replies will be generated. If you have not heard from The Robbie Foundation within 1 month from the date of submission deadline, feel free to resubmit your original packet by the next submission deadline.
- Any individual may submit an application on behalf of a recipient. Consent must be given by individual or parent(s)/guardian(s).
- Process is straight forward and easy to follow. You will need: personal information, medical information, 3 letters of recommendation to be uploaded.
- You will be prompted to save every page as you move along in the application process and will have the option to return to the saved application at a later time. It will be very important that you remember to “save” each page as they are completed before moving to the next page.
- Remember to keep a copy of your username and password as the Robbie Foundation does not have the capability of retrieving that information.
- If you have not reached the confirmation page that your application was successfully submitted, then your application will not be considered.
- Upon completion, please keep a copy or print-out of the application for your records.
One Child at a Time Program (please note, not currently available)
The One Child at a Time Program is not currently accepting applications. Robbie Foundation is actively looking for a qualified volunteer to run this program. If you have great organizational and administrative skills and can make a small time commitment to our great organization, please contact us! The details of the program are below:
This program involves matching a child with special needs to an individual, family, or organization that has the desire and means to fund that child’s specific needs. It’s open to children with special needs seeking assistance with adaptive equipment, assistive technology, therapy treatment and/or other necessary items not covered by insurance or other funding sources.
For the child and / or guardian seeking financial assistance:
The parent/guardian application must provide a detailed statement listing all adaptive items and/or therapies that are needed. The information submitted is used by the foundation to provide the best sponsor for each child.
Individual / Family / Organization interested in providing funding:
Please submit a donor/sponsor application reflecting your interest in sponsoring a child, and your desired financial commitment, which is necessary to best match you with a prospective child. The Robbie Foundation will contact you once the application has been submitted and reviewed.
NOTE: Contact between the sponsor and child is recommended but not required. If either the child’s family or sponsor wishes to remain anonymous, please indicate this preference on the application and the Robbie Foundation will guide you through this process.
Academic Scholarship Program
This program is open to children with special needs who are pursuing a post-secondary education. Understanding how difficult it is for a family to afford all that is required in the life of a child with special needs, the Robbie Foundation will award a grant of $2,000 – $3,000 to one family each year (if funding is available). This money will be applied to tuition and disbursed directly to the college or university. Application deadline is April 15th of the given academic year
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please submit the completed application to: Robbie Foundation, P.O. Box 1534 Scarborough, ME 04070. Once we have received and reviewed your application and confirmed that you meet our eligibility criteria, we will respond to you in writing. Please allow 2-3 months to process your application. You will be sent a written notice should your application not be approved.